1. NATUROPATHIC MEDICINE WEEK (Monday May 6th – Saturday May 11th 2013)
Enjoy FREE community events this week at Quinte Naturopathic Centre to celebrate Naturopathic Medicine Week across the country.
- Seminar with Daralyn Bates “It Makes Cents” Tuesday May 7th 6:30pm – 7:30pm. Dr. Bates will discuss the cost of eating healthy and the cost of good quality supplements. She will disprove the myth that eating healthy has to be expensive.
-Seminar with Carolyn Coffin “Why Diets Don’t Work” Friday May 10th 12:00 noon – 1:00pm. Carolyn will discuss the psychology behind why diets don’t work and the negative effects of yo-yo dieting.
-OPEN HOUSE and YARD SALE Saturday May 11th 9am – 12 noon. The staff at the Quinte Naturopathic Centre will be spring cleaning for Naturopathic Medicine Week this year and would like you to take part! This event will give the public a chance to meet our staff and have a tour of the clinic. People can learn about our 10 day Group Spring Detox that we will be promoting that week to start their own “spring cleaning”. All proceeds from the yard sale will go to Relay for Life.
2. Spring Group Detox Challenge (Wednesday May 22nd – Friday May 31st)
Grab a friend and sign up for 10 days of clean eating & detoxification! Information session will run on Tuesday May 21st at 6:15pm and your detox will start the next day. The info session will cover why detoxification is important, what you will be eating, and how to take the detoxification powder. You will also receive daily emails with tips, and receipes to support you through the 10 days. Cost is $60 +HST per person.
3. Living Primal Nutrition Workshop: “Eating an Anti-Inflammatory Diet” Enjoy this 3 hour nutritional cooking seminar with Carolyn Coffin and Kevin Beatty from Living Primal. They will take some of the key points of the book Wheat Belly and the Paleolithic diet and show you how to incorporate these concepts into your daily meals to help you decrease inflammation and pain with diet.
- Friday May 31th 6pm – 9pm
- Sign up on the Living Primal website: http://www.livingprimal.ca/workshops.html
3. Lorne Brooker Radio Show 800 CJBQ: Join Dr. Michelle Durkin on Thursday, September 12th 2013 at 10am to discuss your health and wellness concerns. Everyone is invited to listen in and/or call in any of their questions.
4. Breast Thermography Clinic: Our annual Breast Thermography clinic will be scheduled in August 2013, exact date TBA. To book an appointment or for further information please go to www.medthermonline.com. A 15% discount will be applied when two or more ladies book for a clinic as “Friends”, one of which MUST be new to thermography.