- CLINICAL NUTRITION – examines the relationship between diet and health. Diet and supplements from researched protocols may be used.
- BOTANICAL (HERBAL) MEDICINE – its use dates back to ancient civilization and is the foundation of modern pharmacology. Botanical medicine involves the use of whole plants individually and in combinations.
- DETOXIFICATION – supports the elimination of toxins from the body using supplements and dietary changes.
- HOMEOPATHIC MEDICINE – uses small doses of plant, animal, and mineral substances to stimulate the body’s self-healing abilities.
- ACUPUNCTURE AND CHINESE MEDICINE – a combination of acupuncture using sterile needles, diet, and herbal formulas to relieve pain, tonify the immune system, and alleviate many symptoms.
- INTRAVENOUS VITAMIN AND MINERAL THERAPY – Intravenous therapy is very effective for those individuals with serious health conditions such as cancer, chronic pain, serious digestive problems, serious infections, and neurological diseases. It involves injecting vitamins and/or minerals into the bloodstream via a vein or in some cases a muscle.
- LIVE BLOOD ANALYSIS – Detailed analysis using blood drops to microscopically determine health of cells and body. Indicates where in your body you have issues to address. Eight layers of blood history can show bone density, vitamin and mineral deficiencies, parasitic activity, digestive issues, candida, and much more. Also learn your blood type and what foods are best for you.
- LIFESTYLE COUNSELLING – customized programs based on consultations to help address lifestyle issues such as weight gain or loss, smoking, addictions, and stress management.
- FOOD ALLERGY TESTING – blood test measures the immune reaction against 96 different foods.
- HEAVY METALS TESTING – urine test measures toxic load and elimination of heavy metals in the body.
- HORMONE TESTING – saliva test measures the balance of several hormones and their interaction in the body.
BOWENWORK® – a series of gentle moves over muscles and tendons that address the functioning of the body at many levels. Organ function often improves and energy levels increase and long-standing conditions improve, usually in a surprisingly short period of time. Bowenwork® is excellent for treating the spine, joints, organs, and soft tissue, and is especially helpful for treating pain. For more info on Bowenwork®, see our FAQ page or contact us, and check out the links in our blogroll.
AROMATHERAPY - Aromatherapy is a unique science that explores the volatile molecules of plants and how they work as a natural pharmacy. A professional aromatherapist has the skills to assess and apply high quality essential oils safely to enhance healing. Essential oils work with the body – and not against it … they are inhaled or diluted and applied topically depending on the symptom. Benefits include: nervous system balance, better circulation, lymphatic drainage, stimulates the immune response, increases metabolism, and improves the bodies ability to detoxify. Many common ailments can be helped including: skin conditions, depression /stress, colds /flu, insomnia, slow healing wounds and infection. Inflammation can also be reduced. Several oils can be effective against staphylococcus aureus and B- Hemolytic streptococcus, two of the most common wound infections.
REFLEXOLOGY – Research has shown the specific techniques of reflexology to be effective and beneficial in many ways. A survey of 170 reflexology studies from 21 countries shows that reflexology is effective and can help a variety of physical and psychological concerns, while pain reduction following reflexology work is documented in 27 studies. Other documented benefits of reflexology include: improved blood flow, faster recovery from post-operative surgery, phantom limb pain, neuropathy, depression, and anxiety. It has also been proven to complement cancer care. Pain, nausea, vomiting, and/or anxiety was eased for chemotherapy patients following reflexology work in 16 studies fom 7 countries.
FOOT CARE – A foot care nurse provides services such as effervescent foot soaks, clipping, and shaping of nails, callous and corn management, and treatment for other foot and nail conditions. You will also receive a relaxing aroma therapeutic foot massage. Patients are educated in how to select proper foot care for their greatest comfort.
BREAST THERMOGRAPHY CLINIC – Breast exams without the squeeze. Thermography is a new approach to breast screening that uses digital infrared imaging instead of radiation. The non-invasive process detects changes in breast tissue before mammograms can perceive structure changes or lumps. There is no touching, squeezing, radiation, or pain, and it is safe for everyone after puberty.
Healthy & Active: The Metabolism Program
The implementation of the Healthy & Active Metabolism Program is simple and can be done anywhere. It is not a new diet! It is an individualized nutritional program to optimize your metabolism.
“Although I don’t eat very much I can’t seem to lose weight.”
This remark is often heard from dieters who have difficulty maintaining weight loss. All weight-loss programs seem to have the same message: standardize nutrition while reducing calories and you will achieve your weight-loss goals! Unfortunately, these programs assume that we all have the same metabolism and require the same foods.
Healthy & Active puts metabolism first and determines which foods optimize both your metabolism and your glandular function.
“How do I find out which foods boost my metabolism?”
In order to answer this question, it is necessary to do an extensive metabolic analysis using 40 different blood tests in the laboratory. Once the blood work and initial consultation is complete, your personal nutrition plan can be created. The plan shows you which foods to eat, at what time, and in what form, making it easy to implement.
By optimizing your nutrition based on your blood tests, you may see dramatic positive changes to your health, such as:
- weight loss and regulation without fasting or feeling hungry
- improved blood test results, e.g., cholesterol and blood sugar
- better digestion
- an increase in energy and general well-being
- improvement in chronic disorders.
What does the Healthy & Active Metabolism Program entail?
- Initial consultation (1.5 hours)
- Follow-up consultation (1 hour)
- Extensive bloodwork
- Personalized nutrition analysis and plan
- Bioimpedence Analysis (BIA)
FEE: $505 + GST
For more information, visit www.healthy-active.com
To sign up for the program, please call the office or contact us and book your initial consultation.